Monday, June 21, 2004

Got Subaru?...Huh?

I guess I can explain the title of my blog, for those of you staring at it in confusion. I personally stare at it in amazement. Well, for those of you who don't know me, or for those of you who know me very little, I love Subaru's. I've loved Subaru's since June 10th 1997. That was the date my dearest mother bought her very own (I liked to call it my own as well) Subaru Outback Sport. This pretty blue sport wagon (Stop laughing, the real beauty is not what's on the outside, but what's on the inside. In this case, and in the case of every modern Subaru, the beauty of all-wheel-drive.) I really didn't believe that all-wheel-drive could make such a difference, but I was young and stupid. After getting my license in the summer of 1999, I soon became very attached to my mother's car, even though I had a kick @ss 1989 Toyota Tercel. Driving the Subaru for the first time was a dream come true. That AWD was something else. Starting some research I found out quickly that Subaru is a world rally leader with the overseas WRC rally car. Finding out that the street version of the rally car was coming to the states, the Subaru Impreza WRX, I was overjoyed, and when I found out that soon following the STi version would be here, I went ape sh**. Even though the older model body style is in my opinion (and for a fact) way better looking, I still love the new models for what they can do. So, in case you are around me and I just so happen to start freaking out...don't worry, it's normal. A Subaru just passed by. Maybe by being around me enough, you'll be able to tell what model vehicle passed by by the tone and intensity of my voice.
Oh, just as a note...if the only reason you are a Subaru fan is because of the WRX coming to the states, then you are not a Subaru fan. Well, I hope this better explains my passion for Subaru's. But as most don't, you probably won't understand fully.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are soo silly! This is probably the longest thing ever written about subarus. No one else commented on this one. hhmm....i wonder why?? just kidding. i'm sure they are nice cars. i just have yet to lay my eyes on one of them, to my knowledge anyway. alright...well, have a good day!
Katie

10/14/2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home