Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Post #2: My Day, so far.

Today started off to be another typical day. And I'm pretty sure it will end just like the days of my recent past. I woke up this morning around 7:00, 8:00, or 9:00 (I'm not sure what time it was exactly, but I think that is a pretty good estimation) to the sound of my roommate, M.W. Morris getting ready for work. "Hey Mikey!", he says. I just smile and roll back over. 10:00, 11:00 roll around and it's time for me to get up. I put on my 2nd best pair of khaki pants and a carefully selected shirt, ate breakfast, and headed out to work for a couple hours. One thing I like about my job, although I can't really say I like my job all that much, is that I don't have to sit in a cubicle or be stuck inside an office all day. I am working at the Louisville International Airport with Messer. For those of you who don't know, the airport is getting expanded and remodeled. I worked there for my last coop so it's cool to see the project come together. The main duty that my bosses have given me is to put together deficiency/punch lists for the areas nearing completion, and to get the subcontractors in gear to complete their portions of these lists. A deficiency list basically contains items that still need to be completed before an area can be turned over to the owner. This job is surprisingly difficult due to the fact that most subcontractors do not want to follow orders from a younger, less experienced coop. However, there are contractors that work very well with me.
So anyway, I got to work today, and I had a walk through meeting with Rob, from our caulking subcontractor. I took him around the Ticketing and Baggage levels of the airport and pointed out areas that still needed to be caulked. Rob is one of those guys that works well with me.
After all that business, I got the bleap out of there, and called my good pal Dave. We had a date to eat lunch downtown. We ate at a pizza place, I believe it was called Luigi's. They had some good pizza there. After lunch we walked around and checked out some horses, Michael Buble, the waterfront, and tried to plan tossing a frisbee from the rooftop of the building Dave works in.
I'm back at the apartment now. I going to head to the gym and get huge here soon. Then it's off to work again from 8p-2:30a. Take care guys. I'm out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mikey!!
So...i'm back to commenting. The writing style is very effecient at describing how you talk and act in everyday life (that's my lack of english major coming out). I am sure that you will find job that will suit you and make you happy. And even if you aren't huger than Matt, you're perfect for me! See ya!
Katie

10/13/2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home