Friday, July 09, 2004

AHAH!

Hey everyone, I did some research on the internet and I found out what is wrong with my leg. Ok, so I pretty much had a good idea what it was, but...now I know for sure because I found a description that matches perfectly. Check out this description on shin splints if you are curious. And if you're not, do it anyway because not only did I go through the trouble of making a link...I made a link that opens in a new window.

Hmm, so am I going to play in the summer league tournament on Sunday? That's a good question. I really want to, so I think I might hop in as a handler, because I won't have to move around too, too much. But if you know me, I'll probably volunteer to be long and mid as well. Will I ever learn?

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Mikey Mikey Mikey....

If you read that article then you should know that you aren't ever going to get better if you don't REST!

I find it really difficult to believe that you have shin splints from playing frisbee b/c you always play on grass. I used to get them from running on the asphalt track at my high school, but never from grass or even a gravel running path. You should seriously consider going and getting an X-Ray, especially in light of the swelling that you showed me that one day. That could very well point to a stress fracture.

Did you ever try the icing method I toldyou about? Buy some paper dixie cups and fill them with water and freeze. Then tear the paper off and rub the block of ice up and down your shin until its melted. That's the best way to do it; much better than just throwing a bag of ice on it.

7/09/2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think I have shin splints because that description explain exactly what I experience when I run. The pain goes away as running continues and returns when I stop. Also, even though we play on grass, I think that because of all the cuts you make, the repeated changes of direction cause lots of stress. And like you said, I'm playing on grass so don't you think shin splints would happen before a stress fracture? Sorry that kinda sounded like I snapped at you, but I didn't. I'm sorry I'm sorry.

7/09/2004  
Blogger Adam said...

Well if you have splints from running on grass then you are a SISSY!

7/09/2004  
Blogger Michael-Fay said...

Honestly...I'm with Mr. Hinton on this one.

I think you are a sissy. But I still love you buddy. I mean, look at all the other sissies that are my friends... hmmm. Just kidding.

My diagnosis is that you have a compound fracture...I did see bone sticking out the other day, remember??? ;)

7/09/2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO!!! Oh well, I'm still playing.

7/09/2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home