Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Staring into the Cosmos

It was nearing time to leave work (5:20 am to be exact because that's when I go outside to let Marine Electric through the gate) when I looked up into the sky and saw evidence of the sun nearing the horizon from below. The previously dark navy blue dome was slowly changing to a lighter shade. The waning crescent moon shone brightly as did Venus not too far away with a magnitude
of -4.4. It felt great outside. The temperature was right around 60 degrees and there was not a cloud in the sky. At that moment, I made plans to sit out under the stars Friday night in good old NKY. I have not been able to do that in a while. There is nothing better than a clear, moonless night in Grant's Lick. Feel free to join me. It should be enjoyable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Parris said...

My Great Uncle owns Marine Electric.

8/13/2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday night ended up being cloudy. Bummer.

8/18/2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home