Sunday, August 29, 2004

Weekend in Dayton

This weekend was the first time I had driven from Louisville, KY to Dayton, OH. Earlier in the summer, Anson had invited me up to UD this weekend to have a Summer Birthday Party Bash. Well, I think they had decided to do that the week before. But anyway, I still had a good time up there.
Friday night when I arrived at Anson's on campus house, everyone welcomed me in and served me some delicious hamburgers. After dinner, we went outside and played some corn hole. That game is so much fun. I showed the Ohioans how to play Kentucky style by woopin' their @sses twice in a row. After that, I walked around the neighborhood with Anson and Alicia (Anson's friend). Let me tell you about this neighborhood. It is unlike anything I have ever seen. It is very different from UofL. There are many blocks of houses that belong to the university where, I believe, mostly juniors and seniors live. Under classmen I think have to live in the dorms. But every weekend, especially the first few weekends, there are so many parties going on at the same time. You can just walk from house to house and bammo, there's are party. Anyway, I met about 5 million and 2 people that night. I recongnized maybe one or two of them. Lisa Price was one of them. She ran the Relay Marathon in the flying pig last May with Anson, Kris, and I. By the way, we did really awesome in that race.
Saturday, I got up and tried to work on my art paper, but didn't get very far. I pretty much just hung out and got to know Anson's roommate Katherine, and her boyfriend, Eric. I really liked those two. They were really nice and cool to talk to. When Anson got back from practice, she helped me exercise my leg (I'm still healing from my stress fracture) and I helped her organize her UD Varsity Women's Crew Scavenger Hunt, and make a work wheel.
Recently I have learned two things about restaurants. Dave has taught me that Heine Bros. is superior to Starbuck's. Now Anson has taught me about the 2 for $5.99 deal at Panera Bread. As you may have guessed, Anson, Alicia, and I went out to Panera Bread for dinner. After that, UD was showing a movie (The School of Rock). I'm really glad I got to see this. The last time I went to see this they were sold out. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael-Fay said...

This is me... jealous! Grrr!

:)

8/30/2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anson... Meow... you go Sends!

9/01/2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home