Saturday, May 14, 2005

Graduation Day

Today we CCM seniors started off the day with a senior mass. The mass went very smoothly, however for me, getting there before 8am didn't go so smoothly. I set my alarm for 6:30, giving me plenty of time to get ready and eat some breakfast and warm up my voice before I left. I always have to eat my breakfast as soon as I get up because I'm starving within 5 minutes. This morning I did not wake up at 6:30 though. I think I know what happened. Someone called me at 5 in the morning. I woke up thinking it was my alarm, and turned it off. I then realized it wasn't my alarm so I went to see who was calling. I did not recognize the number so I went back to sleep and did not turn my alarm back on. I woke up at 7:36am and in a frantic, threw on some clothes and ran out the door. To warm up my voice, I sang to O.A.R. fairly loudly on the way. Not surprisingly, I made it to the Interfaith Center before Matt Parris did :).

Before Mass we were invited to sign a cloth, and write any "inspiring words" on it. I chose to write a prayer version of this passage:
For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope.

~Jeremiah 29:11 (NAB)

We used the Mass of Light today...and the entire thing was sung by
Fr. Lou and us. It is very beautiful when it is sung. Mary and Matt gave us some reflections after Communion describing how far the Catholic Campus Ministry has grown over the past 4 years. It really has. I remember freshman year when there was maybe a total of 10 people that would come to Mass. Now, we can hardly fit everyone in the room. It has been a real joy seeing this community grow over the past 4 years. And it looks like I have another year to see it grow even more.

I leave you now with some pictures of the Newman Interfaith Center because I think that most of you have not seen the inside. I promise it's not as bad as it looks on the outside.



This is the room where Mass is held.


Holy Water - You can't touch if you're not Catholic :) (Joke b/w Adam and I)

Breakfast...finally


CCM'ers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home