Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Southeast Christian

One night I was driving down Blakenbaker Parkway and there was an awesome sunset behind the beautifully lit Southeast Christian Church. Of course I didn't have my camera. But I vowed to myself to at least take my camera there one night to get some shots of it lit up. This was the night. I really like the illuminated clouds too, although they kinda look evil and this is a church...

On another note, it's driving me crazy because I shoot in RAW format and when I convert to .jpg there is tremendous color loss. If anyone (Adam) knows any ways or tricks to prevent this (if there are any), please let me know.


9/18/2006 at 9:38pm

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael-Fay said...

If you think the clouds look evil, then consider the lights in the parking lot to be the light of Christ dispelling the evil.

Is this Six Flags Over Jesus? (aka 'The Vine')

Why do you have to convert to jpg? Is it just for the blog - faster loading?

9/27/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the place where The Vine takes place. I have to convert to jpg because RAW format is not something that is compatable with web browsers, or anything really other than image processing software like Photoshop.

9/27/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A loses in quality must happen when converting a jpg to a raw. Jpg can not store as many colors and brightness values over the same span of pixels that a raw file does. Also when storing a jpg it is compressed in a “lossy” form; meaning you lose some small amount of detail where as raw storage is a “lossless” format.

10/05/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yea I almost forgot, I really like this picture!

10/05/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home