Monday, September 20, 2004

Let's Play Catch Up

Everyone, I am very sorry for not posting in a while. Last week was super busy with studying for quizzes, tests, and doing steel design problems until way after the cows came home. I have some "free time" right now so I'm trying to get in a good post that might last you guys a while. I put free time in quotes because, well, I'm not doing anything right now, but, I really should be. I just really don't feel like it. In fact, I just woke up from a nap...something I never do.

I was thinking about the pros and cons of taking 18 credit hours. I guess some good things about it is that I will be able to graduate with a bachelor's degree in the spring. Another pro is that this definitely keeps my mind occupied and keeps me busy, which I like. Hmm, some bad points...Well, come to think of it, I don't think 18 hours would be nearly as bad if it weren't for this one class I'm taking. You guessed it, steel design. Doing homework for this class is nearly impossible to complete with a decent grade in a decent amount of time. This is mostly because our teacher doesn't like to teach. Every day, we go to class and work on an in-class problem that he hasn't taught us how to do. Or, we go to class, take a quiz on material he hasn't taught us, and then do an in-class problem he hasn't taught us how to do. I think another con to taking 18 hours is the fact that I'm starting to feel really lazy. When we have quizzes and I don't do so hot on them, I start to feel that I'm lazy and I should have prepared for it more. But then I think, no, I couldn't have prepared any better because there is not enough time. Eh, I'm complaining too much. I gotta think positive. Which I don't have a problem doing and I'm not really upset about all this. I was a little, but I'm over it. Life is good. Man check out that beautiful sky outside! :)

I went home this past Friday for my mom's birthday. Her birthday was last Thursday, but the best I could do was make it home on Friday. Me and the fam hung out at the house, took a walk down the road with the neighbors' dogs, opened presents, and watched one of our fav movies, The Parent Trap (my gift to her). I had to come back to Louisville on Saturday though because I had a lot of homework to work on. Check out this picture below from our walk. In case you haven't noticed, I like to take nature pictures. I guess growing up in boofoo will do that to a person. Hmm...I was thinking that I should drop out of Speed School and go into photography. What do you think?

Puppies!!

My friend Dave from back home sent me an email regarding the posts entitled God Takes Us Back and A Reflection. He asked if I was going through the same thing he was (described in the email) and I think he pretty much hit the nail right on the head. I asked him if I could post his email to describe what I am going through and he said yes. Here it is below:

Wow that Blog post has gotten pretty big. As I read your post about religion and life, I have come to realize that we both seem to be in the same spot of our faith (for the most part). It's kind of confusing just wanting know the truth and live by it but having problems in both of those areas. Yes, I realize that could descried just about everyone who cares at all about religion. But I think we have a little more in common than that. For one we are both aggressively trying to seek out the truth, and secondly, which I think is causing us a... I don't want to say problem but ... bottle neck of types is that, we were both born and raised Catholic, but now we find ourselves with many protestants and protestant beliefs. Which is not bad but.... While these two sets of religious beliefs are both Christian, I myself have found it hard to try to live by both with a type of compromise between the two, thus as it seems like you, I am confused about my faith life and beliefs. I don't know if you agree with any of this but it is just what I think. However I have not really found any answers for my confusion so I don't have much to tell you. And about your Blog, so many good points were brought up from both faiths that it just confuses me more.

Your Friend in Christ,

David

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sends, I just want to let you know that I'll pray for ya too. Well, actually I just wanted one of my comments on here and so I thought I'd make something up. J/k, I really will pray for ya. You are a great guy with a good head on your shoulders and with a huge heart and so I am confident that you will make sense of the questions you have because God knows what's best for you. I love ya good buddy and hope to see ya or talk at ya soon. ~Smess

9/21/2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright! Smess! Great to hear from ya. Thank you for commenting. :)

9/21/2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mikey-
Look what I did. Finally posted. I just wanted to get some feedback on what people's feelings are about protestants dating catholics. LOL. Real off subject, right?>

9/24/2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't know who posted that but you should put a blog about protestants and catholics dating. I know it's been an issue at times

9/24/2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am curious as to who posted the last two comments. If you want to remain anonymous that's cool, I was just wondering.

9/24/2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home